In: Garfield9 Mar 2008
1 (a) [C] (infml 口) child or young person 小孩; 年轻人
*How are your wife and kids? 夫人和孩子们都好吗?
* Half the kids round here are unemployed. 这里的年轻人有一半失业.
(b) [attrib 作定语] (infml 口 esp US) younger 较年幼的
*his kid sister/brother 他的妹妹[弟弟].
2 (a) [C] young goat 小山羊. =>illus at goat 见goat插图.
(b) [U] leather made from its skin 小山羊皮革
*a bag made of kid 小山羊皮手提包
* [attrib 作定语] a pair of kid gloves 一副小山羊皮手套.
3 (idm 习语) handle, treat, etc sb with kid `gloves deal with sb very gently or tactfully 以温和的或圆通的手段对待某人.
1 [I, Tn] (infml 口) deceive (sb), esp playfully; tease 欺骗（某人）; （尤指）戏弄; 取笑
*You’re kidding! 你这是开玩笑!
* Don’t kid yourself it won’t be easy. 别欺骗自己–这事不容易.
2 (idm 习语) ,no `kidding (infml 口) (used to express surprise at what has been said 用于对听说的事表示惊异)
*(ironic 反语) `It’s raining.’ `No kidding! I wondered why I was getting wet!’ ｀下着雨呢.＇｀难怪! 我刚才还纳闷怎么身上有点湿呢!＇
1 [C, U]
(a) programme of work to be done or of planned events 进度表; 预定计画表
*a factory production schedule 工厂生产进度表
* have a full schedule, ie have many things to do 预定计画表排得很满
* a project that is ahead of/on/behind schedule 提前[按期/未按期]完成的计画
* Everything is going according to schedule. 一切都在按预定计画进行.
(b) = timetable (time1)
*The fog disrupted airline schedules. 这场大雾扰乱了航空公司的时刻表.
2 list of items, etc 清单; 明细表; 一览表
*a spare parts schedule 零件一览表
* The attached schedule gives details of the shipment. 装运货物的细目见所附清单.
v [esp passive 尤用于被动语态
*Tn, Tn.pr, Cn.t] ~ sth (for sth) include sth in a schedule; arrange sth for a certain time 将某事列入进度表; 为某事安排时间
*One of the scheduled events is a talk on flower arranging. 安排的活动中有一项是插花艺术讲座.
* The sale is scheduled for tomorrow. 大减价定于明日举行.
* She is scheduled to give a speech tonight. 她定于今晚演讲.
* a scheduled flight, service, etc, ie one that an airline, etc organizes and carries out regularly 定期航班、服务等.
1 (a) [C] upper part of a pig’s leg, salted and dried or smoked for food 火腿
*several hams hanging on hooks 挂在钩上的几只火腿.
(b) [U] meat from this 火腿肉
*a slice of ham 一片火腿
* [attrib 作定语] a ham sandwich 火腿三明治. Cf 参看 bacon, gammon, pork.
2 [C] (esp of animals) back of the thigh; thigh and buttock （尤指动物）後腿, 股部和臀部.
3 [C] (sl 俚) person who acts or performs badly 拙劣的表演者
*He’s a terrible ham. 他的表演糟透了.
* [attrib 作定语] ham actors/acting 蹩脚的演员[演出].
4 [C] (infml 口) operator of an amateur radio station 业余无线电台的操作者
*a radio ham 业余无线电台的收发报员.
v (-mm-) [I, Ip, Tn, Tn.p] ~ (it/sth) (up) (sl 俚) act in a deliberately artifical or exaggerated way; overact 以做作或夸张的方式作表演; 表演过火
*Do stop hamming! 不要再做戏了吧!
* The actors were really hamming it up to amuse the audience. 这些演员为博观众一粲, 表演得实在太过火了.
1 put the arms round (sb/sth) tightly, esp to show love 紧紧抱住（某人[某物]）; （尤指示爱）拥抱, 搂抱.
2 (of a bear) squeeze (sb/sth) between its front legs （指熊）用两只前腿抱住（某人[某物]）.
3 (of a ship, car, etc) keep close to (sth) （指船只、汽车等）紧挨着（某物）
*hug the shore, kerb 贴近岸边、路缘
* tyres that help a vehicle to hug the road 能贴紧路面的车辆轮胎.
4 fit tightly round (sth) 紧紧箍在（某物）上
*a figure-hugging dress 紧身连衣裙.
5 cling firmly to and take pleasure in (opinions) 坚持并乐于信守（某观点）
*hug one’s cherished beliefs 坚持自己所抱的信念.
n strong clasp with the arms, esp to show love; tight embrace 紧紧的拥抱（尤指为示爱）; 紧搂
*She gave her mother an affectionate hug. 她紧紧拥抱着她的母亲.
1 bunch of flowers for carrying in the hand (often presented as a gift) 花束（常用作礼物）
*a bride’s bouquet 新娘的花束
* The soloist received a huge bouquet of roses. 独唱者得到了很大的一束玫瑰花.
2 (fig 比喻) expression of praise; com-pliment 称赞; 恭维.
3 characteristic aroma of a wine or liqueur 酒的芳香
*This brandy has a fine bouquet. 这种白兰地酒芳香扑鼻.
v [Ipr, Ip] ~ about, around, off, etc (infml 口) move, walk, dance, etc with a heavy step (in the specified direction) 以重踏步方式（向某方向）移动、行进、跳舞等
*stomp about noisily 脚步重重地踱来踱去
* She slammed the door and stomped (off) out of the house. 她砰的一声关上了门, 腾腾地走出了屋了. =>Usage at stump 用法见 stump.
1 (a) small white flower with a yellow centre, usually growing wild 雏菊（花）. =>illus at App< br />(b) any of many different types of plant with similar flowers, ie with petals that radiate from the centre like the spokes of a wheel 雏菊（植物）.
2 (idm 习语) fresh as a daisy => fresh. push up daisies => push2.
adj that invigorates 使人健壮; 使人有精神的
*an invigorating climate, morning, swim, walk 使人爽快的气候、早晨、游泳、散步.
Loving my family, loving my friends, loving my life, and having hopes of a wonderful future...